- This event has passed.
World Day of Remembrance
November 17 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
International World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (WDR) is an annual event to remember the millions of people killed and injured in traffic crashes around the world.
What: Please join the members of AFSS for a walk of silence
When: Sunday, November 17, 2019, at 1 pm
Where: Starts at W. Glebe Rd / Mt. Vernon Ave and walk to Casa Chirilagua Center
Why: To honor those who have been impacted by traffic crashes
The walk will begin at 1 p.m. along Mt Vernon Ave and will be followed by a brief ceremony to:
• Call attention to the issue of traffic fatalities and injuries inflicted on pedestrians and other vulnerable road users;
• Elevate the voices of those who have been most impacted by traffic crashes;
• Advocate for traffic regulations that will lead to safer streets on our roads, and
• Promote the Vision Zero goal of zero traffic fatalities and serious injuries in Alexandria and Arlington.
AFSS members who have been personally impacted by traffic violence will be joined at the event by the Mayor of Alexandria, Chair of Arlington County’s Board, members of Alexandria’s City Council, State Legislators, Alexandria’s Chief of Police, Alexandria’s T&ES Department, BPAC members and other concerned residents of both Alexandria and Arlington.
- November 17
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- VA United States + Google Map